Play by the rules: promoting fair, safe and inclusive sport
Recommended for sporting organisations’ executive officers, board of management members, coaches, referees and other officials, sport development officers, recreation officers and teachers
You’ve read the headlines: ‘Two-year ban for race slur’, ‘Unruly fans on notice’, ‘Taunt about mum costs star’. What would you do if this were your club? Where would you go for help? How would you bring about change? Learn how to recognise, prevent and deal with discrimination and harassment in sport, and create an inclusive and safe club for everyone to enjoy.
The workshop will:
- explore how discrimination and harassment can happen in sport
- identify the relevant laws
- identify policies, complaint-handling procedures and practices that should be in place to help sporting organisations, clubs and schools comply with these laws
- introduce you to Play by the Rules, an interactive web resource
- identify other organisations and resources available to help.
Please note: Completing this course meets the half-day harassment and discrimination component of the Australian Sports Commission’s Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) course for Victoria. For more information about MPIO requirements, contact Merryn Bellamy at Sport and Recreation Victoria: email@example.com.
Cost per person: $309 ($77 for volunteers, community advocates and community organisations)
Location: Commission offices, Level 3,204 Lygon Street, Carlton
To submit a registration request select from the dates below