The Texas 4-H Youth Development Program is committed to providing a positive experience for all young people throughout Texas. Annual delivery of the program has become dependent on participation fees as one way of maintaining a strong program for our youth. However, in some cases, our 4-H members need assistance and support in covering their participation fees. In these cases it is the hope that county and/or local 4-H programs, other community organizations, other families, or local donors/supporters would assist in helping provide the positive 4-H experience to youth needing assistance. In the extreme circumstance that county/local 4-H programs do not have access to funds to support participation fees, the state 4-H office does provide limited supplemental assistance.
- Waivers will only be considered for those youth who are members of active chartered clubs for the approved 4-H year.
- Waivers must be for youth in a specific club/group enrolling by October 31.
- A minimum of $10.00 participation fee will need to be paid by the requestor to cover the direct expenses of general liability insurance and accident/incident insurance purchased for each youth by the Texas 4-H Youth Development Program and Texas 4-H Inc.
- Waivers will not be granted for future or potential members enrolling after October 31.
(ie counties cannot request 50 waivers for any youth enrolling throughout the year).
- If members join after October 31 who need help with funds - please request application.
- Each waiver will be given an expiration date and will not be usable after that date.
- Waivers must be submitted online by a county Extension agent/Office or Extension employee.
- A decision and instructions for enrollment will be sent to the contact person listed on the waiver within 2 weeks of application.