We are happy to provide the Mr. B Scholarship to qualifying families!
Based upon family size, income, and any special circumstances, there is a sliding scale with lower program service fees.
- This policy provides general, minimum requirements for the Sliding Fee Scale for families who are interested in consultations via SMart-Center.
- In-person and telehealth Consultations eligible:
- Initial evaluations/treatment (jump start and intensive programs)
- CommuniCamp™ 4 day and 1 day programs (intensive group program). **Does not include $75 application fee
- School consultations for established patients. (*Only if the family pays. Ineligible if school pays).
- The Sliding Fee Scale enables families who qualify, to obtain lower payment costs for consultation services based on his/her income and family size.
- Specific guidelines for the Sliding Fee Scale will ensure that all families are treated in the same manner with their discounts.
- All income will be verified annually for all families who wish to be eligible for the Sliding Fee Scale.
- Acceptable means of income verification are:
- Pay stubs for everyone who works in the household
- Most recent years tax form AND/OR annual income verification
- The Sliding Fee Scale is reviewed and changed biannually (twice yearly) to reflect any changes in the guidelines necessary for this plan.
- Any changes in income or family size MUST be reported to the SMart-Center immediately. These changes include:
- Family Income Changes:
- Obtaining employment, becoming self-employed
- Loss of employment, loss of business
- Change in wages - increase or decrease
- Becoming eligible for or ineligible for: unemployment, workers comp., disability, SSI, SSD, child support, retirement benefits
- Bankruptcy filings
- Becoming a landlord, manager, or caretaker
- Begin payment or receipt of child support
- Change in responsibility for account
- Family Size Changes:
- Change in domestic partner living arrangements
- Divorce or separation
- Name, address, and phone changes
The definition of “Family” for the SMart Center is: Mother, Father, Children, Significant Other, Husband, Wife, and any dependent adult or child who is supported by the family unit and benefits from the combined household income. Roommates do not qualify as “Family.”
Sliding fee scales determined on an individual basis and are dependent upon appt availability.
How to apply for the Mr. B Scholarship Award with the SMart Center:
Complete and submit the application in its entirety along with the three following means of income certification and circumstance for our board to review (all information is kept confidential):
- TWO recent pay stubs for everyone who works in the household,
- Current income tax forms (page that verifies total annual income),
- Brief Letter stating your situation.
Instructions on how to submit your application:
You can send us your completed application and required documentation one of two ways:
1. Complete the electronic application below through this secure portal
2. Download and print the PDF version here, and mail the application with the three additional required documents to:
ATTN: Sliding Scale (Confidential)
505 Old York Road
Jenkintown Square, Lower Level 3
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Please allow 2-3 weeks for our financial committee to review your application. For questions or further information about fees, please contact us at 215-887-5748 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org