Since 1997, Hemophilia Federation of America (HFA) has provided the Helping Hands Program, assisting the most vulnerable families in the bleeding disorders community facing financial hardship due to a recent crisis. Helping Hands provides some relief and helps our community members focus on what's important: their health.
HFA's Helping Hands Program runs several programs:
- Emergency Assistance: supports families experiencing hardship directly resulting from or impacting the bleeding disorder with urgent funding for basic living expenses such as housing, car payments, utility bills, or funeral assistance
- Items Assistance: assists with the cost of durable medical equipment and other medically necessary items
- Inhibitor Support: supports families affected by inhibitors with the cost of medical transportation and tutoring/educational supplies.*
- COVID-19 Relief: assists households experiencing significant loss of income due to COVID-19 who need assistance for basic living expenses such as housing, car payments, or utility bills
- Disaster Relief: provides community members who are displaced or impacted by a natural disaster with immediate financial relief.
*Households affected by inhibitors are eligible to apply for all components of HFA's Helping Hands, not just Inhibitor Support.