To be eligible for the NTHJC scholarship, the applicant must:
- Have served as a member of the NTHJC for a least one full calendar year
- Has not already received a NTHJC Scholarship
- Be a current high school senior, or already enrolled in an accredited college or university, trade school or vocational school*
*Adult members of NTHJC who are enrolled in college are eligible to receive scholarship benefits.
Recipients will be chosen based on demonstrated leadership and extracurricular accomplishments with an emphasis on participation in NTHJC. The scholarship committee will determine the monetary amount of the scholarship for each awarded applicant.
Recipient must attend an accredited U.S. college or university, trade school or be currently enrolled in a study abroad program.
To complete this application, you will need:
- Scholarship Application – complete and submit the fillable form
- Applicant written essay, minimum of 500 words: Describe an equestrian related experience that was a character building, life-lesson. Please specify how the experience changed you, the way you think, as well as why this experience was important to you. Please attach your essay to the form in as Microsoft Word or Pages document.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – letters should be from persons such as school/community leaders, riding instructors, or employers, who know the applicant’s values and work ethic. Letters must be signed and dated by the person composing the letter. Please attach your letters of recommendation in PDF format.
Fully completed application packet MUST be submitted ON or BEFORE 11:59 p.m. Sunday, November 29, 2020.
Once the applicant has submitted all required paperwork, an e-mail of confirmation will be sent.