Please bring or mail in the following items with the completed forms (DO NOT FAX):
1. Upload Bride’s Baptismal certificate.
2. Upload Groom’s Baptismal certificate.
#. Upload Sponsor's (Koumbaro/Koumbara) Baptismal Certificate.
3. Upload Letter of Good Standing from Sponsor's (Koumbaro?Koumbara) home parish if not a steward of The Assumption Church of Port Jefferson.
4.If you are not a steward and wish to become one please call the church office at 631-473-0894 or click here
5. If you are NOT a steward and do not wish to become a steward there is a $400 Sacrament fee. Make check payable to Kimisis Port Jefferson (For non-stewards only - This is NOT Stewardship)
6. Chanter Fee - $125.00. Please make check payable to Peter Dimeck.
7. Caretaker Fee - $125.00. Please make check payable to Jeffrey Smith.
8. Organist (if needed) - $150. (The Church will contact you regarding who to make the check out to)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SACRAMENT DATE CANNOT BE BOOKED UNTIL THIS FORM AND THE ABOVE ITEMS ARE RECEIVED.
Once all required forms are received the bride and groom will come to the office to sign the official affidavit.
WEDDING DAY REQUIREMENTS
1. Stefana (wedding crowns)
2. Silver Tray with Koufeta (Candied Almonds)
3. Two (2) small candles
4. Wedding Rings
CHURCH DECORATION GUIDELINES
The Greek Orthodox Church is adorned with only those things that remind us of Heaven, and therefore do not require any additional decorating. However, certain items are acceptable for weddings.
1. Flower arrangements on the pews down main aisle only. No nails, tape, glue, etc. are allowed to affix flowers.
2. Two (2) floral arrangements only. They must not be higher than three (3’) feet tall (Including stand)
3. Two (2) large candles not taller than three (3’) feet high including stands.
Wedding rehearsals are not required. If you still would like a wedding rehearsal, please call the church office to make the arrangements.
Each couple is required to attend a one (1) day seminar prior to your wedding.
Questions about the journey of marriage premarital seminars, please contact Stephen Yates by CLICKING HERE or call 860-304-6007.