Motorcycling is fun and social. Motorcycling is adventurous and exciting. Motorcycling is empowering, liberating and practical. For all these reasons, and more, the American Motorcyclist Association has promoted and protected the motorcycle lifestyle since the organization's founding in 1924.
As a membership organization, the AMA's primary source of funds to fulfill this mission are provided by its members through annual membership dues and donations.
All funds donated here will support that mission, including:
- Lobbying government to support pro-motorcycling laws and defeat legislation that threatens motorcycling.
- Researching issues that affect motorcyclists' rights.
- Engaging federal and state agencies with respect to the interests of motorcyclists.
- Promoting motorcycling and motorcycle racing as wholesome and healthy activities.
- Developing educational material and articles on motorcycling opportunities, motorcycle safety and getting the most of of riding.
- Promoting motorcycling to future generations of riders.
Please note that the AMA is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit and donations to it are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.