SKOLA English in Exeter
SKOLA English in Exeter Placement Test
Your email address
Date you will start your course
Choose the right answer to complete each sentence. If the sentence is too difficult, you do not need to answer it.
1. I ______ British.
2. 'Is he British?' 'No, he ________.'
3. _________ are 3 cars in the street.
4. She lives _________ London.
5. How many brothers and _________ do you have?
6. I get ______ at 7 am every morning.
7. "Can I take your order?" "Yes, __________ a burger and a coca cola."
8. "Can you swim?" "No, I _______."
9. In England, you _________ smoke inside a building.
don't have to
10. Mary _______ at 8 o'clock every day.
11. Have you _______ to Paris?
12. I had a headache _________ I took an aspirin.
13. We're _____________ a party tomorrow.
14. I've lived here ____________ three years.
15. The opposite of beautiful is __________.
16. What time does the plane take __________?
17. "Which film do you want to see?" "It ______."
is no worry
18. I would like to go to the cinema but I __________ money.
don't have any
don't have some
no have any
no have some
19. If I pass my driving test, I _________ a car.
20. It ________ me 15 minutes to get home.
21. He didn't go to the cinema because he _________ the film before.
22. He's the man __________ house burnt down.
23. She refused _________ her brother with his homework.
24. He will keep looking for his glasses __________ he finds them.
25. I love watching _________ at the cinema.
26. If you don't know the meaning, look it _________ in your dictionary.
27. He _______ a lift to the station.
28. "I don't play tennis very much." "_________."
"I don't too"
"So don't I"
"Neither do I"
29. There are no lights on. They ___________ be at home.
30. I ___________ a lot of mistakes.
31. My grandfather ___________ about when he sailed around the world.
was talking often
used often talk
would often talk
32. My new computer, _______ was very expensive, isn't working.
33. I remembered ___________ sugar, but I forgot the milk!
34. My decision to go to university depends _____ my finances.
35. Thank you very much. You've been very _________.
36. I have _________ a lot of weight recently.
37. I have enjoyed _________ business with you.
38. He asked me _________ in the house.
not to smoke
39. If I'd seen him I _________ to tell him.
would have been able
40. I suggested _________ at 9 o'clock.
to set off
that we setted off
41. His face was white. He looked as if he __________ a ghost.
would have seen
42. I wish you ________ that.
43. She insisted on her employees ___________ smart clothes.
that they wore
44. She continued working despite ___________ ill.
that she felt
45. What is the opposite of a 'serious' crime?
an insignificant crime
a small crime
a petty crime
a non-serious crime
46. "How much did your house __________?" "£250,000."
47. Don't decide now. Play it by ________ when you get there.
48. At no time ________ involved with those people.
I have been
49. He ___________ it because he wasn't there.
can't has done
can't have done
mustn't have done
50. I would have liked __________ in the eighteenth century.
to had lived
to have lived
Please write a paragraph for us. You can tell us about: - Your trip to Exeter - Your job/studies - Your family - What you enjoy doing in your free time - Why you are learning English; your learning goals
Thank you for completing the Placement Test.
Please click 'Submit' to send it to us.
If you have not already registered to study with us,
please complete the Contact Us page on our website,
and request 'My Test Results' in the Your Enquiry box.